The Keto Beginning from Leanne Vogel.
Don’t you just hate it when a cookbook offers unrealistic meals that you’d never be able to cook? Yeah? So do I. Today, we’re busier than ever, and cooking is becoming more of a luxury. Fast food, on the other hand, is witnessing significant growth, and with fast food, comes obesity. For me, the only solution to the common weight problem is adopting a healthy lifestyle, a ketogenic one to be exact.
I’ve been on a ketogenic diet for years, and whenever I ask someone why they’re not pulling the switch and adopting the carb-free lifestyle, I always get the same answers “Keto meals are hard to make”, “I’m too busy to spend hours cooking a healthy meal”, “keto dishes are expensive”, “I’m allergic to this and that”. Does any of those excuses sound familiar? Well, if that’s a yes, keep reading, as I might have the solution for you.
Is This The New (Keto) Beginning for You?
Seeing this cookbook was a fluke. I wasn’t looking for something that I’d personally use. I was just in the lookout for a cookbook that can help friends who are just starting in their keto journey and provide them with easy-to-prepare, allergen-free recipes to avoid all of their excuses. Who knew I’d be hooked to the meals and dishes myself in the end.
“How could anything this low priced be worthwhile?”, I wondered upon seeing this guide. “Well, I’ll give it a try. What is there to lose anyway?”. And boy, oh boy, wasn’t that the best decision I made that day. Although I’m not what you’d call a newbie in the keto world, I found some great gems inside the book. Imagine what a total beginner would think.
The guide includes a 30-day meal plan with over 50 daily recipes that are effortless to make. Although I’m not what you’d call a Gordon Ramsey, I did manage to prepare some pretty mouth-watering dinners following this cookbook. What’s convenient about this one-month plan is that it uses a mixture of animal-based and plant-based fats. In other words, even if you’re a vegan, you won’t find a problem following this course. Furthermore, the dishes are gluten-free, grain-free, sugar-free, dairy-free and legume-free. This cookbook does raise the bar for healthy cookbooks. Isn’t that what you’ve always wanted? Yep, it’s time to flush those excuses of yours down the toilet.
Now, one may wonder, what am I supposed to do with a cookbook if I don’t even understand the basics of the keto diet? You have every right to ask such a question, but you’ll find the answer in The Keto Beginning, as besides the meal plan, it includes a Beginner’s Guide (thus the name) that’ll undoubtedly facilitate your adopting of the keto lifestyle.
What I like about it is the fact that it doesn’t just present the meals and that’s it. It prepares you mentally and psychologically for the transition into the ketosis lifestyle. Most people give up quickly when trying the keto diet because they try to apply everything they find online and offline. The Keto Beginning shows you the required steps for you to get your foot in the keto world the right way and teaches you how to stay consistent and resist all of your carb-rich cravings.
Despite its low price point, this guide is more than an eBook; it’s a complete guide for a successful lifetime keto journey. Here’s what I got when I ordered it:
[thrive_text_block color=”light” headline=”Content”]
- 30-Day Meal Plan. This plan includes over 50 breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snack recipes, all of which are easy and fast to make, meaning that they can be integrated into any lifestyle, busy or relaxed. To be honest, I haven’t tried all of the recipes yet, but the ones I did make were perfect (except for the ones that I burned down to ashes). So far, so good. I personally just load the plan on my tablet and keep it nearby while cooking, but it’s printer friendly so you can get a hard copy if that’s your thing.
- Recipes. Besides the quickie recipes included in the 30-day meal plan, you also get 20 paleo-friendly recipes for the whole family, which makes for a complete keto cooking experience. Say goodbye to boredom and routine!
- Beginner’s Guide. Written by a leader in the whole food movement, this guide includes 17 chapters that detail everything you need to know about ketosis and the keto lifestyle. You get the calculations you need to make for portions and ratios, different tips and pieces of advice to make your keto journey more effective, and a lot more. Even though I’ve been following the ketosis lifestyle for a while, I did learn a lot of new things through this guide.
- Weekly Shopping Lists. Preparing shopping lists is a tedious task, don’t you agree? This is another reason I like this course, as it takes care of that as well, with fresh gluten-free, grain-free, sugar-free, dairy-free, and legume-free items that you can get from any local supermarket. Check whether the shopping list bonus is still included or not here. [/thrive_text_block]
Pros and Cons
There’s a lot to love about this book, but it does come with a few niggles. Here’s what I think Is excellent about this cookbook:
[thrive_text_block color=”green” headline=”Pros”]
- The recipes are easy to make, and they’re suitable for the whole family. You can still prepare most of the meals even if you have a heavy schedule.
- It comes with weekly shopping lists, which should save you a few hours every week.
- The beginner’s guide that’s included in this pack is quite comprehensive, making it ideal for beginners.[/thrive_text_block]
As with anything in life, this guide isn’t perfect either. Nothing much to complain about though, just a couple of minor details:
[thrive_text_block color=”red” headline=”Cons”]
- This cookbook only comes in a soft copy format, though the pages are printer friendly, so you can easily turn it into a hard copy book.
- Some recipes were a bit hard to make, but that’s probably just me.[/thrive_text_block]
Despite its name, It is suitable for both beginners and keto veterans. I, for once, have been following a keto lifestyle for a while now, but I still got several golden nuggets out of this cookbook.
The recipes are equally satisfying, and I could easily prepare them in a fast manner despite my busy schedule. The shopping lists are just the cherry on top, as they take a significant burden off your shoulders. Honestly, what else could you ask for in a keto cookbook? If you’re just starting out and have no clue as to what you should do, The Keto Beginning Is an excellent beginning (pun intended).
To get this cookbook for a heavily discounted price of $35, click on the link below!
[thrive_megabutton mt=”Start Your Keto Journey Today” st=”>> Add My Discount <<” color=”red” link=”https://shop.healthfulpursuit.com/product/the-keto-beginning/keto_ref/246/” target=”_self” align=”aligncenter”]